Now medical personnel can consult directly with a physician on the appropriate use of medical support hypnotherapy. Medical support hypnosis has been shown to be an effective tool for improving the outcome of patient care in areas such as accelerated healing and pain control.
Integrating hypnosis as an adjunct to medical treatment is new territory for some medical personnel and facilities.
Medical support hypnosis is an ancillary, adjunct, supportive and alternative option that is used in conjunction to other treatment by healthcare providers. Medical support hypnosis in itself doesn’t treat or diagnose disease.
Difficult patients, those stuck, with phobias, negative habits, or in chronic pain benefit greatly from hypnosis.
Areas (Departments/Specialties) That Can Be Supported By Medical Support Hypnosis
Surgical Emergency Medicine
Radiology Burn Care
Urology Gynecology and Obstetrics
Patients are given a way to take a more active role in their own healthcare and/or pain management.
Some major benefits to patient outcome:
- Reduction of pre-procedural negative anticipatory anxiety
- Increased patient compliance with prescribed medical treatment
- Shortened recovery time post-operatively
- Less procedural and post-procedural pain
- Improved general well-being
- Shortened labor in childbirth
Medical Support Hypnotherapy is used only as an adjunct to conventional medical treatment. It uses hypnotherapy to assist patients in accelerating healing, controlling pain and facilitating recovery from medical procedures. A certified medical support clinical hypnotherapist is one who has extra training and a thorough understanding of hypnotherapy, medical hypnosis, accelerated healing, pain control, anatomy and physiology.
Some benefits of Medical Support Hypnosis are:
- Healthy lifestyle
- Conscious Childbearing
- Use inner wisdom to heal from the inside out
- Surgery support
- Increase compliance with Medical Care
- Transform unhealthy habits
- Weight Control (Optimize eating habits and improve fitness)
- Quit Smoking
- Anxiety & Panic Relief
- Fitness (Motivation & Performance)
- Heal quicker after surgery
- Hypno-Analgesia, Hypno-Anesthesia
- Migraine Headaches
- Sleep Patterns
- Diet adjustment and habits
- Replacing negative beliefs
- Cancer treatment side-effects support
- Palliative care
Many patients have a fear of needles and the sight of blood making it difficult for them and the practitioner to draw blood, start IV’s or perform any other invasive procedures. Medical hypnosis methods can help patients with pain erasure and control over bodily sensations reducing their current and future anxiety during these procedures.
Why Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy?
- Changes stress the response
- Improves health
- Gives control
- Endorsed by AMA 1958
- It works
- It’s simple
- Around since the beginning of time
Click here to download the physician referral form