I am glad you are visiting my website. My name is Ethan Wise, I serve as your mind-body health practitioner, and mental health professional.
This page exists as a gesture of transparency and to allow those seeking to know more about me the answers they seek. My practice bridges the gap between the mind and body, between modern research and classical wisdom. I collaborate with patients, clients, and other health practitioners who share a similar vision.
I am client-focused and solution-focused. Everything I do, I do to help you.
I am on a mission to help as many people as possible and bring awareness to the power of our mind, and our mindbody. I hope to empower as many clients as possible, to educate, train, care for, and allow a flow of love and respect to every client and patient.I want to empower you to achieve whatever you want, including ending emotional and physical suffering.
Hypnosis is a state of mind, for simplicity, I use the words hypnosis and hypnotherapy here to refer to, and encompasses, all of the following cognitive & behavioral mental health therapies and methods:
The therapies I use:
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
Solution-focused therapy (SFBT)
Exposure therapy (desensitizing to fears)
Parts therapy & forgiveness therapy
Some of the techniques I use include:
medical support hypnosis
pain reduction training
age regression & progression
autogenic training & biofeedback training
guided imagery, free imagery, creative visualization
grounding & safe place
hemispheric synchronization (as used in BrainGym & EMDR)
progressive muscle relaxation
trauma release techniques
We opt to work within the relaxing and heightened-awareness state we call hypnosis, accessing the subconscious mind.
All of the techniques mentioned here can be conducted within hypnosis achieving unique outcomes.
Normal humans experience hypnosis 4 times every hour. Hypnosis is a completely natural state of the human mind. Hypnosis is a gentle and powerful modality of change. It can move metaphorical mountains and introduce new levels of motivation to a persons life. I’ve worked with individuals ranging from professional athletes and students to lawyers and musicians. If there is a desire for change, you can be hypnotized. Many physicians, chiropractors, dentists, and psychotherapists send me their patients.
Theory behind my practice
My approach is “targeted intervention” based on clear perception (acute insight) of the current needs of a unique individual. I have no rigid system or box for my clients and patients to fit in, instead I believe in customization. I blend the methods listed above and I pay close attention to the person in front of me to work out what would best suit you!
When I can see what’s needed, we don’t need to heavily rely on over-complications and theories.
A mental health practitioner
A clinical hypnotherapist
A mind-body health practitioner
The theories that inform my practice are:
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
Some outcomes & goals:
pain management & relief
stress release (relaxation)
post traumatic growth (PTG)
balancing the autonomic nervous system, parasympathetic nervous system, vagus nerve
re-programming the subconscious mind
improved confidence and motivation
learning new skills
The mind-body approach allows me to not only work with the subconscious mind, habits, unhealthy beliefs, and trauma but also psychosomatic, psychogenic and psychophysiologic (physical) disorders. Humans are made of a mind-body unit, best results are achieved when balance is restored to both mind and body and when integrative and holistic approaches are implemented.
Memberships and affiliations
- Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology
- The prestigious National Guild of Hypnotist (NGH) certified hypnotherapist, consulting hypnotist, and active member
- St Mary’s University of Minnesota – Graduate Student (on-going)
- American Nutrition Association (ANA) – Former member
- Minnesota State University, Mankato – Graduated
- Family Pathways – People helping people meet their basic needs – Former practitioner
- Pathways Health Crisis Resource Center, Minneapolis – Former practitioner
- Spring Forest QiGong (SFQ) – Trained as a practitioner healer, practice group leader
- Psychological Kinesiology PSYCH-K – Trained as a facilitator
- Dynamic Body Balancing – Trained with Dr. Carol Phillips DC, level 5
- 2000 – 2004:
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Information Sciences & Minor in Mathematics. Minnesota State University, Mankato (2004)
- 2005 – 2007:
- HIPAA Security Rule and Privacy Training – SUPERVALU
- Becoming a Manager – SUPERVALU Online University
- Managing Conflict in the Organization – SUPERVALU Online University
- Project Mgmt Pro (PMP) Prep – SUPERVALU Online University
- 2008 – 2011:
- Hypnotherapist training – The Minnesota Institute of Advanced Communication Skills, with Devin Hastings
- Certified Consulting Hypnotist – Certification, registration & continuing ed – The National Guild of Hypnotists
- Stress Management Consultant – Minnesota Institute of Advanced Communication Skills
- Motivational Coach – Minnesota Institute of Advanced Communication Skills
- National Guild of Hypnotists (NGH) Certified Hypnotherapist
- TCM Spring Forest QiGong (SFQ) training with Chunyi Lin – Certified in Levels 1 – 3 along with internal and external energy healing
- 2012 – 2015:
- Cal Banyan Hypnosis continuing ed & advanced training: 5-Path, 7-path, regression, forgiveness therapy, self-hypnosis, quit smoking.
- Pre-med college courses at: North Hennepin community college, Inver Grove Heights community college, Metropolitan State University St Paul MN, and Herkimer State University NY.
- HypnoAnesthersia for Pain Management Course by Ron Eslinger
- 2016 – 2018:
- Wild Rose College – Detoxing intensive
- Wild Rose College – Herbology certificate with Dr. Terry Willard
- Dynamic Body Balancing (Craniosacral therapy, myofascial unwinding, biofield balancing) workshops, entire program levels 1 – 5, with Dr. Carol Phillips D.C
- MN DHS, HIPPA and Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS) training with patients with persistent mental illness.
- Men group facilitation using the Duluth Model (Domestic Abuse Intervention Project)
- In progress:
- Masters of Art in Counseling and Psychological Services Graduate student at St. Mary University of Minnesota, Health and Human Services department (2017..)